July 23, 2014
Ellie Mae Launches New Consumer Direct Solution for Lenders READ MORE »
Ellie Mae Privacy OverviewThis page summarizes our overall privacy practices, and more detailed information about the information collection and use of each of our products, which is more fully described in the individual policy documents available below.
- When you request services or information from Ellie Mae®, we will ask you to provide basic contact or login information.
- When you purchase services online or through an Encompass360®, we will ask you to provide billing information.
- When you request services from third party partners or providers through Encompass360 or other Ellie Mae Products, you will be asked to provide information necessary for the third party to render those services.
- Ellie Mae uses common internet technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to track interactions with our products, the Ellie Mae website and our email communications to you.
- If you are a registered user, you can also access specific policies for Ellie Mae product and services through the Privacy Policies link in the About Encompass360 dialog screen found in the Help menu. We recommend that you review these improved policies at your earliest convenience.
- As we design new products and services to improve your experience with Ellie Mae, we may implement new practices and revise our Privacy Policies accordingly. Please periodically reference these policies to be sure you have current information about our practices.
Use of Information:
- Ellie Mae uses information collected to provide you with the services you request from Ellie Mae and from our third party partners and affiliates.
- Ellie Mae may use information collected to provide you with additional information about the company’s products and services, partners, promotions and events.
- Ellie Mae may use information collected to improve the company’s website, products or services.
- Ellie Mae does not sell or rent personally identifiable information to third parties, and we share information that could identify you only as explicitly described in our Privacy Policies. Generally, we only share information collected by our products that could be used to identify you with partners who we don’t permit to use the information other than to offer you products or services of interest.
- We may disclose your information in order to comply with applicable laws, regulations or a government investigation.
- In the course of using Ellie Mae products and services, some users may send us information about individual borrowers or other persons who do not directly use any Ellie Mae products.
- Ellie Mae requires that any such information be collected from third parties permissibly and legally if it is used with an Ellie Mae product or service. However, the Encompass360 user or person who collects such information is ultimately responsible for guarding its security and obtaining any necessary permission from third parties to use it.
- Our marketing emails contain instructions on how to opt-out of receiving further marketing communications from the company.
- Our Encompass360 client interface allows you to edit your contact, billing and other personal information in the “Settings” menu.