Course Topics/ Outline
Upon completion of each course component of this 7-hour course, you will be able to:
3 Hour SAFE Federal Laws
- Explore the applicability and reporting requirements of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
- Review impacts of Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and others as they relate to customer privacy in mortgage lending.
- Discuss key elements of the Truth in Lending Act with a focus on advertising, marketing, disclosures and the differences between high-cost and higher-priced mortgage loans.
- Identify main components of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) including disclosures, prohibitions, and escrows.
2 Hour SAFE Ethics and Fair Lending
- Identify factors that influence ethical decisions.
- Recognize the impacts of ethics on the mortgage industry, reviewing laws, fraud and personal behavior.
- Discuss lender responsibilities that ensure ethical business practices.
2 Hour SAFE Nontraditional Mortgage: USDA Rural Housing Service
- Introduce USDA/RHS Single-family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program Eligibility Requirements.
- Review process for originating a USDA/RHS Loan, including, eligibility, fees, underwriting, financial requirements, and management.
Download Course Syllabus
This course is designed for state licensed mortgage loan originators who are seeking to fulfill 7-hours of the required federal continuing education. Mortgage operations personnel and compliance professionals who are interested in a deeper dive on federal regulations would also benefit from this course.
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles and real-world examples, with audio and/or video recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. This course will take no less than seven hours to complete.
TUITION & REGISTRATION
Tuition for this course is $175.00 and includes the Credit Banking and Admin Fee applicable to this course.
Students have until December 31 in the year in which the course is purchased to complete the course.
You may complete the course at any time during this period. However, course providers are afforded seven calendar days to credit the student’s NMLS account following successful completion of the course. It is strongly advised that you complete the course at least one week prior to the December 31 deadline.
NOTE: The SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
For more information or to register by phone, call your Regional Account Executive at (800) 848-4904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.