1 Hour DC SAFE: 2020 Prohibited Acts and Practices #11851
The 1 Hour DC SAFE: 2020 Prohibited Acts and Practices course meets SAFE Act continuing education requirements for licensed entities through review and analysis of District laws and regulations related to advertising, predatory lending, as well as unfair and deceptive trade practices in residential mortgage lending.
Please note that the SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- List key concepts of the District of Columbia law related to advertising
- Describe the role of the District of Columbia Consumer Protection Laws in protecting consumers from predatory business practices
- Identify indicators of mortgage fraud
- Explain the acts and practices prohibited under the District of Columbia Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
- Summarize the key segments of the District of Columbia regulations pertaining to mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers, and mortgage loan originators
Each self-paced, self-study course examines a particular topic, allowing students to hone in on a focused set of learning concepts. Each course is designed with learning objectives, comprehensive course materials, learning reinforcement activities that appeal to various learning styles and real-world examples, with audio and/or video recordings of industry experts.
The final exam is completed online with instant grading, and you can download your industry-recognized certificate of completion after you successfully pass the course. This course will take no less than one hour to complete.
Tuition and Registration
Tuition for this course is $63.00 and includes the Credit Banking and Admin Fee applicable to this course.
Students have until December 31 in the year in which the course is purchased to complete the course.
You may complete the course at any time during this period. However, course providers are afforded seven calendar days to credit the student’s NMLS account following successful completion of the course. It is strongly advised that you complete the course at least one week prior to the December 31 deadline.
NOTE: The SAFE Act specifically prohibits the taking of the same course in successive years.
For more information or to register by phone, call your Regional Account Executive at (800) 848-4904 or visit http://elliemae.com/allregs.