Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Policy Manual
Regulation C implements the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, which is intended to provide the public with loan data that can be used
- to help determine whether financial institutions are serving the housing needs of their communities;
- to assist public officials in distributing public-sector investment so as to attract private investment to areas where it is needed; and
- to assist in identifying possible discriminatory lending patterns and enforcing anti-discrimination statutes
The HMDA policy manual includes requirements for the HMDA Final Rule. This policy provides sufficient coverage of current 2018 and 2019 requirements and those upcoming changes effective in 2020.
Conducting HMDA reporting activities can be complicated, but it does not have to be. The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Policy is a turnkey document ready to personalize with your company name and logo. Businesses of any size or structure can make use of this flexible policy which lends itself to deeper implementation as your organization grows.
This manual contains key information regarding
- Institutional coverage
- Transactional coverage
- Required data points
- Filing information
- Reporting requirements (annual and quarterly)
The HMDA manual features the following benefits:
- Supports strong operational preparedness
- Establishes staff training requirements
- Defines roles and responsibilities
- Helps meet regulatory and internal compliance requirements
- Allows policy revisions to fit your business model
- Delivered via email within one business day
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your policy within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your manual, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online to complete your policy manual solution.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!
|1.1||Goals and Objectives||Mandatory Review||Include the point of view or culture of your organization in this section, if applicable.|
|1.2||Required Review||Mandatory Review||Be sure this accurately reflects your company’s annual policy review process.|
|2.1||Internal Controls||Mandatory Review||Include or reference related procedures in this section.|
|3||Staff and Training||Mandatory Review||Include the means by which your organization provides and tracks required training.|
|4.2||Exemptions||Mandatory Review||Review this guidance for applicability regarding special exemptions and modify if required.|
|4.3||Oversight, Examination, and Penalties||Mandatory Review||Customize this section to your institution’s specific situation.|
|5.1||Coverage Assessment||Mandatory Review||Review to confirm that your organization is subject to HMDA reporting requirements.|
|5.1.4||Mergers and Acquisitions||Mandatory Review||Customize this section to your institution’s specific situation.|
|5.6.3||Resubmission Guidelines||Optional Enhancement||This section specifies prudential regulators. Consider adding your prudential regulator’s specific procedures for resubmission in this section.|