Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Policy Manual
Regulation C implements the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, which is intended to provide the public with loan data that can be used
- to help determine whether financial institutions are serving the housing needs of their communities;
- to assist public officials in distributing public-sector investment so as to attract private investment to areas where it is needed; and
- to assist in identifying possible discriminatory lending patterns and enforcing anti-discrimination statutes
Portions of the HMDA Final Rule became effective January 1, 2018. An effort has been made within this policy to provide sufficient coverage of current requirements and those upcoming changes which will be effective in 2019 and 2020.
Conducting HMDA reporting activities can be complicated, but it doesn't have to be. The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Policy is a turnkey document ready to be personalized with your company name and logo. All businesses of any size or structure can make use of this flexible policy which lends itself to deeper implementation as your organization grows
This manual contains key information on
- Institutional coverage
- Transactional coverage
- Required data point
- Reporting requirements (annual and quarterly)
- Disclosure requirements
Read below to learn about product benefits, the Table of Contents and take a peek at selected pages.
This Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Policy Manual covers the following topics:
- Accountability and Monitoring
- Staff and Training
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA, Reg. C)
- HMDA Lifecycle/Process
- HMDA Final Rule Changes
The plan features the following benefits:
- Complete AllRegs by Ellie Mae Home Mortgage Disclosure Act Policy Manual, saving you developmental time and resources
- Meet your regulatory and internal compliance requirements
- Get a head start with well-designed and compliant base policy delivered via email within one business day after purchase
- Formatted in a Microsoft Word file
- Meet your regulatory or internal compliance requirements
- Affordable one-time purchase fees
Maintenance: Receive regular and ongoing industry updates to keep your policy within regulatory requirements.
Publishing: Publish your manual, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online to complete your policy manual solution.
Contact your account manager for information regarding these optional services!
|1.1||Goals and Objectives||Mandatory Review||Include the point of view or culture of your organization in this section, if applicable.|
|1.2||Required Review||Mandatory Review||Be sure this accurately reflects your company’s annual policy review process.|
|2.1||Internal Controls||Mandatory Review||Include or reference related procedures in this section.|
|3||Staff and Training||Mandatory Review||Include the means by which your organization provides and tracks required training.|
|4.3||Special Exemption||Mandatory Review||Review this guidance for applicability regarding special exemptions and modify if required.|
|4.4||Oversight, Examination, and Penalties||Mandatory Review||Tailor this section to your institution’s specific situation.|
|5.6.3||Resubmission Guidelines||Optional Enhancement||This section specifies prudential regulators. Consider adding your prudential regulator’s specific procedures for resubmission in this section.|