Vendor Management Policy Manual From AllRegs
Looking for a source to guide development of your company's Vendor Management process? Look no further than AllRegs' latest policy release: Vendor Management. This new policy is designed to aid mortgage brokers, lenders, and originators attempting to navigate the regulatory waters of vendor risk management. This document reviews common types of vendor relationships and the risks they pose; discusses consumer complaint management by vendors, and oversight requirements for lenders/brokers.
Also included is the four step process of a risk management process that meets the standards outlined by the CFPB, FTC and other agencies through Dodd-Frank, and in support of existing federal regulations like GLBA.
Included are topics addressing:
- Complaint tracking
- Expanded operational checklists include:
- Required Documentation
- Financial History
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
The Vendor Management Policy Manual is a complete policy, ready for personalization with your company or organization's name. You can even customize it to include your own internal policy.
AllRegs' Vendor Management policy manual offers a wide variety of benefits:
- Clearly identifies federal regulations surrounding vendor relationships
- Reviews vendor relationships common to the mortgage industry
- Educate your teams on risks associated with vendor relationships
- Identifies nine types of business risk associated with vendors, including UDAAP
- Provides a sample form to assist with risk assessment
- Details steps for implementing a rigorous Vendor Relations Risk Management Process, including: Risk Assessment, Due Diligence and Vetting, Contract Requirements, and Comprehensive Monitoring
- Outlines requirements surrounding Consumer Complaint Management for vendors
- Establish a Vendor Management policy that can be adjusted or tailored to the needs of your organization
Publish your manual, including your company procedures, in AllRegs Online as an upgrade to your complete policy manual solution. Ask us how!
|1.1||Goals and Objectives||Mandatory Review||Include the point of view or culture of your organization in this section, if applicable.|
|1.2||Required Review||Mandatory Review||Be sure this accurately reflects your company’s annual policy review process.|
|1.4||Roles and Responsibilities of Vendor Manager||Optional Enhancement||This section identifies duties required of your organization’s vendor manager. Revise this to accurately cover all duties.|
|2.1||Internal Controls||Mandatory Review||Include or reference related procedures in this section.|
|3||Staff and Training||Mandatory Review||Include the means by which your organization provides and tracks required training.|
|5.1||Common Vendor Relationships||Recommended Best Practice||Revise this to include the types of vendors commonly utilized in your organization.|
|6.3.24||Summary||Recommended Best Practice||Include here the approving body for vendor contracts.|
|7.2||Complaint Resolution Procedures||Optional Enhancement||This section outlines a six-step process for handling complaints that vendors should follow. Amend as applicable.|
|9||Appendix||Recommended Best Practice||This section includes sample forms. You should replace the samples with any different forms used within your organization.|